Marijuana legalization is on the rise across North America, and with it comes new ways to enjoy one of the plant’s main active ingredients: tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Weed butter is a popular method for ingesting THC, and it’s easy to make at home with this simple recipe. So keep reading! Learn how to make weed butter edibles using our guide!
What is weed butter?
- 1 What is weed butter?
- 2 How is Weed butter used to make edibles?
- 3 Double boiler or crockpot methods to make weed butter
- 4 You will need:
- 5 Directions:
- 6 Conclusion
Weed butter, also known as cannabutter, is simply butter that has been infused with weed. You can use it in any recipe for regular butter or eat it straight up!
Weed butter is a great way to infuse your food with THC, the main psychoactive compound in marijuana. When you eat weed butter, the THC is absorbed into your bloodstream through your digestive system. It will take a little longer to feel the effects than if you smoked or vaporized marijuana. But the effects will also be much more long-lasting, typically lasting 4-6 hours.
How is Weed butter used to make edibles?
To make edibles, cannabutter is used in the same way that regular butter is used in cooking and baking. It can be used to make weed brownies, cakes, cookies, and other THC-infused treats.
Cannabis-infused butter, or cannabutter, is a key ingredient in many marijuana edibles. Weed butter is simply butter that has been melted and mixed with extracted THC glands from cannabis plant trimmings or ground weed. Making Weed butter is relatively simple but requires some advanced planning and preparation. Learn how to grow weed because rather than purchase cannabis, you must grow it at home.
The first step in making weed butter is to decarboxylate your weed. This process activates the THC in the cannabis to be more potent when ingested. To decarboxylate weed, spread it on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven at 245 degrees Fe for about 40 min. Then, stir the weed every 10 minutes to prevent it from burning.
Once the weed is decarboxylated, it’s time to make the cannabutter. Start by melting a stick of weed butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once the butter has melted, add in the decarboxylated weed and stir gently. Allow the mixture to simmer for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
After 3-4 hours, remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the cannabutter through a cheesecloth or coffee filter into a bowl or jar. Be sure to press down on the cannabis with a spoon to extract as much of the butter as possible. The strained cannabutter can now be used in any recipe for regular butter.
Weed butter/ Cannabutter recipe
If you want to make weed butter, you’ll need some weed. Start with about 7 grams (1/4 ounce) of marijuana. If you want to make a strong batch of weed butter, you can use up to 28 grams (1 ounce).
You’ll also need some butter. We prefer unsalted butter, but you can use whatever kind you have on hand.
Ingredients to make weed butter:
– 1 pound (450g) of unsalted butter
– 1 cup (250ml) of water
– 1 ounce (28g) of Cannabis Flower or 1/8 ounce (3.5g) of Trim
– A grinder
Now that you’ve got your ingredients, it’s time to start cooking!
Here’s what you’ll need to make weed butter edibles:
– A stovetop or hot plate
– A saucepan
– A wooden spoon
– A airtight container or jar
The process is in clear, concise steps. Then he added his insight and tips to ensure your weed butter turns out perfect every time.
“The key to making great weed butter is all in the process. If you take your time and follow our recipe to the letter, you’ll be rewarded with some of the best edibles you’ve ever had. Trust us; it’s worth the effort.”
Follow these steps to make your weed butter:
1. Grind your cannabis flower or trim it using a grinder. Make sure to break it into smaller pieces, but don’t turn it into powder.
2. Melt the butter in the saucepan over low heat. Add the water and cannabis and stir gently.
3. Raise the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before straining through a cheesecloth or coffee filter into the container.
5. Squeeze out as much butter as possible and discard the plant material.
6. Store in the fridge for up to 6 months or in the freezer for up to a year.
And that’s it! You’ve now made your very own weed butter. This can be used in any recipe for regular butter, so get creative and enjoy your edibles!
Double boiler or crockpot methods to make weed butter
There are a few methods for making weed butter, but we prefer the double boiler method because it is the safe and most effective way to make cannabutter.
You will need:
-1 cup of water
-1 pound of butter
-1 ounce of cannabis trim or bud (decarboxylated)
-A large pot
-A small pot or Pyrex dish that fits inside the large pot
1. Fill the water in the pot and bring it to a simmer.
2. Add the butter to the small pot or Pyrex dish.
3. Place the small pot or Pyrex dish containing the butter into the larger simmering pot. The water should not touch the bottom of the smaller dish.
4. Stir the butter occasionally as it melts.
5. Once it has melted, add the cannabis trim or bud and stir well.
6. Let the mixture simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
7. After 3 hours, remove the small pot or Pyrex dish from the larger pot of water.
8. Line a colander or strainer with cheesecloth and place it over a large bowl.
9. Pour the cannabutter mixture through the cheesecloth-lined colander or strainer, allowing the butter to strain into the bowl below.
10. Discard the plant matter that is left in the cheesecloth.
11. Pour the strained butter into a container and refrigerate until solidified.
Know to enjoy your butter! Hurry!!!
Making weed butter is the first step in cooking marijuana, and it is necessary for recipes like brownies, cookies, cakes, and other edibles. The double boiler method is the safest and most effective way to make cannabutter. This easy recipe allows you to enjoy your favorite marijuana-infused treats in no time!